Hey Bread Heads! We're bringing you another appetizer recipe that is super easy and delicious to pair with your baguettes or batards from the beginner baking kit. It tastes great with all fresh ingredients, but this is also the perfect way to use up both leftover veggies and leftover bread!
- 1-2 batards or baguettes sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 yellow squash (cut into small cubes)
- 1 zuchinni (cut into small cubes)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into small cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into small cubes)
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp butter (optional)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder to taste (we use Johnny's Garlic Spread)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese to taste (for topping)
Note: You can use whatever leftover vegetables you have, these are just our recommendations.
- Cut your veggies into small cubes and heat up your pan with olive oil & butter on medium heat
- Cook the veggies until they start to soften, then lower the heat to a simmer, occasionally stirring for about an hour (the longer, the better)
- Lightly season as you go; remember that the seasoning will concentrate as the food cooks down
- Use your Breadbox kit to bake either the batard or baguette recipe, use leftover bread, or buy from the store
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices and place on a lightly oiled pan or on your grill until browned on both sides (vegetable oil is recommended to avoid smoking in your pan)
- Place your veggie mix into a serving bowl alongside some freshly shaved Parmesan and your crostinis
- Load up the crostinis with veggie mix, top with Parmesan as desired, and enjoy!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! Stay tuned for more awesome recipes, baking tips, and ways to use your homemade bread! Be sure to subscribe to our emails below if you aren't already!
This recipe is fantastic! Definitely spend the extra time cooking the vegetables. They become so sweet and taste great on the homemade baguette with Parmesan. Love the recipes you’re including on your site!