Hey Bread Heads!
I wanted to share this simple baked brie bowl recipe as a great way to put a round loaf to use as an appetizer for a dinner party, cocktail party, movie night, sporting event, etc. This is a delicious and easy recipe to pair with a freshly baked hearth loaf from our beginner kit, but you can also buy a regular or sourdough round at the store. Let's get into it!
- Round hearth loaf
- Butter or olive oil
- 1 full round of brie cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375° F
- Cut a circle in your round loaf, removing the top
- Hollow out the inside and tear the bread into bite sized pieces (tip: store in a plastic bag until you're ready to serve so they don't dry out)
- Coat the inside of the loaf & top with butter or olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients together, then sprinkle 2/3 of the mix to coat the inside of the bowl and lid
- Cut your brie round in half length-wise and flip the top half so the cheese is facing upward. Place in your brie bowl
- Cover brie with remaining spice mix & place the lid on the round
- Bake for 25-30 min. or until the cheese is fully melted
- Place on a plate along with your bread chunks and serve!
Thanks for reading and we can't wait to see you back on the site soon! Be sure to subscribe to our emails below if you aren't already!